Even though I’ve been having weekly weigh ins for well over 6 months I still find it hard to see the number go up. However, I am telling myself that the number on the scales doesn’t represent who I am. It isn’t a reflection of whether I’m good or bad. It doesn’t make me pretty or ugly. It means nothing. It is just a number that needs to be recorded for medical reasons.
I am also telling myself that by gaining weight it doesn’t mean I am getting fat. Instead, it means I am gaining freedom so that:
– I will be able to enjoy life
– I will be able to laugh and smile
– I will be able to go travelling
– I will be able to get a job
– I will be able to have a family
– I will be able to be me. Not a number on a scale. Me!!!