“Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day”– Alice Morse Earle.
The piece of good in my day today was catching up with one of my best friends S.
S and I met during my time in Paris. She is one of my best friends and has been there for me along my road to recovery. On the worst of days I could turn to her and on the best of days we would celebrate together. We have fought this battle together and my strength against my Eating Disorder is greater thanks to her.
Although it is easy to resent being ill, today I am grateful for the good that has come from my eating disorder.
- I have met a best friend, who I hope will be a friend for life.
- I have learnt to appreciate the little things in life.
- I have learn’t how to take care of myself.
- I have learn’t that life is too fragile to waste.
- I have learn’t that friends & family can get you through the worst of times.
- I have learn’t the importance of smiling and laughter
- I am learning how to love myself.
So whilst anorexia is a battle, I think it is important to recognise that a little piece of good can come from any bad situation.